Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Super Blogger Alert!

Wow, can't stop me from blogging, can ya?  Sorry, I tend to get crazy around the holidays and then take FOREVER to recover.

Well, let's get going on something easy.  Something even a 4 year old can do!  Something you can do WITH a 4 year old and just sit there and drink coffee.

A few years ago, my mom gave my sister and me a recipe book, filled with family recipes and faves.  Do any of you have this?  It is fantastic and I love that it is all written in her hand with her notes.  Anyway, we are taking some recipes from that there book and putting them HERE!  First up, Hello Dolly Bars.  As you can guess, this is an oldie but a goodie.  Yup, prolly has some trans fats.  Oh well, you cannot eat these everyday anyway and it only makes a little.  Perfect!

Do any of your moms use TBO?  It stands for Taste Bud Orgasm, and then she pulls a Meg Ryan.  Slightly embarrassing when you are 20 and out to lunch with your mom and your college roommate.  Kind of hilarious now.

First off, take a whole bunch of graham crackers and grind them up.  Also, melt a stick of butter (my mom used margarine; feel free but YUCK).

 (I melted my butter in my glass baking dish).  Layer your crushed up graham crackers (1 cup) on top of your melted butter.  Then layer on the coconut (1 cup) the chocolate chips (1 cup) and nuts (any kind, I used almonds, 1 cup).


Pour a 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk over the WHOLE thing, throw it in a 350 degree oven for a half an hour and voila!
It might not be pretty but it is SO GOOD.  Let it cool completely before breaking in and it will be nice and set up.  Otherwise it will fall apart on you a bit!  It tastes like a homemade candy bar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment